Skippy Peanut Butter offers you the peanutty goodness your family loves!
Great tasting peanut butter
Skippy uses only fresh roasted peanuts to satisfy those who demand the best peanut taste for their families. Skippy has been dedicated to making great-tasting peanut butter for nearly 75 years. Skippy comes in 3 delicious variants, one or more of which will surely become a household favourite. Try Skippy in Creamy, Creamy Light, and Chunky!
In 1890, a St. Louis physician was looking for an easy-to-digest, high protein food to provide to his patients. During his experiments, peanut butter was invented! His invention took off, and by 1914 there were several dozen commercial brands of peanut butter on the market.
In 1923, Joseph Rosefield perfected the process of preventing oil separation in peanut butter. During the 1930s, Rosefield Packing Co., Ltd. obtained a trademark for Skippy in all 48 states and Hawaii. That was just the beginning of Skippy's commercial success as today, almost 90 million jars of Skippy Peanut Butter are sold globally.
- Skippy Peanut Butter, one of America's favorite brands was first sold on February 1, 1933
- Today, almost 90 million jars are sold annually. That's almost 3 jars every second!
- More Skippy has been sold than any other peanut butter in the world!
- Georgia is the #1 peanut producing state, but did you know that Texas is #2
- Most of the peanuts used to make Skippy peanut butter are grown in Georgia, Texas, Florida and Oklahoma
- Farmers (called growers) harvest the peanuts during September, October and November then sell them to companies known as peanut shellers
- The shellers use special machines to remove the peanut kernels from the shells, clean and sort them by size
- The makers of Skippy peanut butter buy peanuts from the shellers. The shellers then ship them to the peanut butter plant in railroad hopper cars. Each railroad car holds approximately 190,000 pounds of peanuts (about the weight of 16 elephants!)
- It takes almost 850 peanuts to make an 18 oz jar of peanut butter!
From our range